Re: Roland JDXi

On 09/30/2016 04:13 AM, Zakis Korakios wrote:

Hi,

I have a Roland JDXi synth (no hardware problems, plays fine in Windows on different usb ports) which has 2 modes

Vendor for Audio and midi

Generic for midi only

The problem is that when in Vendor mode, the JDXi locks when connected to usb ,until I connect it ,to Jack.

Then it starts playing fine, but if I disconnect it from Jack it stops again.

This is a power management issue affecting lot of roland devices (See earlier thread "Issues with a RolandGaia SH-01"). This will hopefully be fixed in the future.

When using an app like Ardour (on alsa mode) the JDXi plays only when is on playback or recording mode(no duplex)

Also this issue seems to affect lots of roland devices, unfortunately the root cause is unknown. Are you getting "Unable to change format on ep #84: already
in use" messages in your syslog?

Stefan

Bellow is a link for  the lsusb -v

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlZVbQKqWCqsgR88M2Ul-x_sTo29

alsactl version 1.1.2 (couldn't find the alsa version ,is this the correct one?)

rt-kernel 4.4.6-rt13-avl2 (from AVLinux)