Re: Logitech Webcam C270; sound not working

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 15:01:51 +0200, Vladimir Savic wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Ralf Mardorf
>> your old syntax was _incomplete_.
>
>Funnily enough, I never touched that file. I haven't manually
>configured anything. Strange...

Hi,

you mentioned "Antergos linux (Arch based)". At least a default
Arch Linux install doesn't add anything to /etc/modprobe.d/. No package
I'm aware off generates /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf with some
defaults, let alone that something detects available audio devices and
ensures that they have a fixed order. I'm mainly running Arch Linux,
with much real-time audio software.

To see if a package owns /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf run

  [rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qo /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
  error: No package owns /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Very unlikely, but still possible a package generated
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf with some default settings, but unlikely
that it also detects available devices and decides in what order those
devices should be made available during startup. Assuming that a
package provides some defaults, than more likely a package
owns /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf instead of generating it, but even
then it unlikely index modules of available devices, to sort them that
way.

Regards,
Ralf