Re: snd-aloop with multiple identical sound cards

Hi Markus,
El dom, 01-05-2016 a las 16:40 -0300, José Luis Artuch escribió:
> El dom, 01-05-2016 a las 13:58 -0300, José Luis Artuch escribió:

> > > Ok Robert, all understood. Configuring properly the options this will
> > > work, thank you very much !!
> > > José Luis
> >
> > Hi,
> > Configuring properly module's options and /etc/asound.conf, sound cards
> > work correctly identified. But about sound ... the sound card onboard
> > works fine, but with PCI and USB sound cards occurs xrun. The clicks are
> > heard every second and the message "ALSA lib
> > pcm.c:7843:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred0B f=0/0" is read.
> > I would like to know if there is a way to force "avplay" to read faster
> > the buffer to avoid underrun.
> > Thanks.
> > José Luis
> ------------
> Using multiple sound cards simultaneously will always generate xruns
> unless you sync the cards to a common clock source or resample your
> audio to compensate the clock drift. If you just need to record and can
> process offline, I'd recommend to capture on each card separately and
> put the material together afterwards.
>
> Best regards
>
> Markus
> ------------
> Thank you very much Markus,
> I read your email on the web but still have not reached my mail box :(
> "... sync the cards to a common clock source or resample your
> audio to compensate the clock drift ..." I do not know how I could get
> that, I will explore these options because I need all sound cards
> working simultaneously.
> Another option would be to silence the xrun alert, although there were
> data loss, no problem.
> José Luis
Setting rate 44100 (asound.conf) in each PCI soundcard improves
performance.
About syncronize to a common clock, I see that the clock of this
motherboard is based on an oscillator composed of a 14.31818 quartz
crystal and an integrated circuit ICS952601EF. Now I ask you: Do you
think the best solution would be to eliminate quartz crystals of each
PCI soundcards (also 14.31818 MHz) and injecting instead the clock
signal from the motherboard in each PCI soundcards ?.
Does that clock signal present on some pin in each PCI Slot ?.
I think that way all audio cards would work with the same clock and also
the same rhythm. Does it seem right ?.