Re: Looking for USB Card that Records Stereo

On Fri, 27 May 2016, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2016, lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Is there a reasonably-priced USB card with stereo Line
>> input that works in Linux?
>
> If you want to try a really cheap, but really working one: I have a
> Behringer ACA222. Not good enough for the Pros and Studios, but I am quite

UCA222. It seems more or less identical to the UCA202. And the quality is
actually good. 16 bit 44.1 or 4800 (Note someone who tells you that you need
9600 or higher, and 24 bits does not understand sound at all--The 24bit might
if you are really lucky, buy you and additional 15dB (3 bits) of headroom, but
almost certainly the rest of your sound chain will add more than 15dB of noise
anyway (preamps, amps, etc)) . The Behringer is very good and very cheap ( and
sometimes you can be lucky that the two are not contradictory) sound card. And
having usb rather than internal saves you from a huge amount of internal
electronic  noise inside the machine.  The only "problem" is that the
Behringer has RCA plugs, so you might need to carry around an extra converter
cable or two.
The other problem is that the headphone jack is high impedance, so some
headphones (low impedance) would sound terrible with them.

> happy with it. USB, stereo line in/out, headphone out. It's all I need for
> simple digital recording and playback, and to bypass my laptop's inferior
> internal soundcard.

Yes. It is way better than those.