Re: speaker-test works but a aplay does not

Hi,

I just read in
https://www.hifiberry.com/guides/configuring-linux-3-18-x/
"Note that aplayer won’t convert files that are in a format that is
not natively supported from our drivers. (e.g. mono files or different
sample rates)."
which seems to be exactly my issue (sorry that I didn't see it
before). As other steps of the linked tutorial are not longer needed
(and aplay should in principle be able to do it by plughw) maybe there
is also a way to get rid of this limitation. I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Hauke

Am 21.04.2016 um 02:27 schrieb Hauke Westemeier:

>>> Which driver?
>
>> Whatever driver you're using.  See /proc/asound/modules. (I'm
>> asking because it does not appear to be part of the official
>> Linus Linux kernel.)
>

> cat /proc/asound/modules 0 snd_bcm2835 1 snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
>
> But I don't have the source code of the driver (if I understand it
> right it is part of the kernel). I opened a thread in the HifiBerry
> forum
> https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206636389-Setup-issues-and-problem-with-aplay-channels-

. Maybe they can give helpful comments too.