Re: alsa is telling me this is a bug

Roger Day <c.roger.day <at> gmail.com> writes:

> roger <at> Ferdinand:~$ E: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us
> up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to
> write!
> E: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the
> ALSA driver 'snd_usb_audio'. Please report this issue to the ALSA
> developers.
> E: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT
> set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another
> value < min_avai

The driver works if the USB connection is plugged directly to the lap-top.

I had it plugged through a hub.

Other USB devices work through the same hub, so it *appears*
there's still a problem with ALSA in this regard in both 15.04 and 14.04.

My immediate problem is solved unless I get more devices :)

Regards, Roger.