Re: Weird problem with arecord

Hi,

it seems that I found a (sort of) solution.

Reloading the alsa kernel modules before running arecord fixes the problem.

The command that I run is:
rmmod snd-usb-audio && rmmod snd_usbmidi_lib && rmmod snd_rawmidi && rmmod snd_pcm && rmmod snd_timer && rmmod snd_seq_device && rmmod snd_hwdep && rmmod snd && rmmod soundcore && modprobe soundcore && modprobe snd && modprobe  snd-usb-audio

That way, every and each execution of arecord gives a recording with clear sound.

Regards,
piercarlo

venerdì 20 novembre 2015 22.24
Hi,

I am running arecord on an Openwrt installation and I am experiencing the following weird problem: if I record a sound two consecutive times, the first time a lot of noise is recorded, and the latter the sound is without any noise. It keeps going on this way (one noisy, and the next one clear), unitl I close the terminal and open a new one: then, it keeps going again that way - but with the order "reverted", i.e. one clear, and one noisy.

Here are the commands executed:
root@55:/opt# arecord -f cd -r 16000 -c 1 /tmp/user_speech_18.wav
Recording WAVE '/tmp/user_speech_18.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Mono
^CAborted by signal Interrupt...
arecord: pcm_read:2031: read error: Interrupted system call
root@55:/opt# arecord -f cd -r 16000 -c 1 /tmp/user_speech_19.wav
Recording WAVE '/tmp/user_speech_19.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Mono
^CAborted by signal Interrupt...
arecord: pcm_read:2031: read error: Interrupted system call

Here the recorded files:
I am using the following version of arecord: arecord: version 1.0.28 by Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>

Any idea of what it is going on or any suggetion on how to figure it out?

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Piercarlo