Re: Unbalanced stereo input as balanced mono input

Clemens,

thank you for your reply - it has been the only helpful one so far.

Am 24.08.2015 um 08:43 schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
> Gunnar Arndt wrote:
>> the configuration of an Alsa PCM device which does that job
>> automatically in real time:
>>
>> (1) Grab a stereo signal from the line input.
>> (2) Invert either the left OR the right channel (i.e. multiply its
>>      signal's amplitude by minus 1).
>> (3) Merge the channels to mono.
> pcm.fake_balanced {
>      type route
>      slave.pcm "hw:0"    # or whatever
>      ttable [ [ 1 -1 ] ]
> }
I had to add some stuff, but now it works. My asound.conf looks like
this now:

pcm.symmetric {
         type route
         slave {
                 pcm "hw:0,2"
                 channels 2
         }
         ttable [ [ 1 -1 ] [ 1 -1 ] ]
}

ctl.symmetric {
         type hw
         card 0
}

I had tested a similar solution yesterday evening after I had found that
negative scaling is possible here:
http://www.volkerschatz.com/noise/alsa.html
but the nested array notation you have suggested makes things easier.

Regards
Gunnar