Re: Unbalanced stereo input as balanced mono input

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:11:17 +0200, Gunnar Arndt wrote:
>I have a measurement microphone with an integrated amplifier and a
>balanced mono output which should be connected to consumer sound
>devices with an `ordinary' unbalanced input

AFAIK Audacity supports LADSPA plugins, so perhaps a plugin does what
you want to get.
http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/ladspa-swh.html#tth_sEc2.60
I don't know if this is what you want.

However, what you're doing is bad engineering.

1. You should use the microphone unbalanced.
   http://www.sengpielaudio.com/KlinkensteckerUndXLRsteckerSymmetrisch.pdf
2. Splitting a mono output for a stereo input doesn't need attention,
   just stereo to mono needs attention.
3. I suspect the integrated amp is for a capacitor microphone and
   perhaps a battery is integrated, so that no phantom power is needed.
   If so, then it still matters that a line input differs from a
   microphone input. The amp likely is need to provide any output, it's
   unlikely a pre-amp to match non-microphone inputs. However, you can
   connect the microphone to a line input, it's just not optimal to do
   it.