Re: starters help (help!)

There are two levels to make a module available:

First, the module needs to be compiled for your kernel and
available in (usually, IME) /lib/modules...  The distributions I
have worked with put all modules they compile in the kernel
packages.  Well, Tiny Core has some modules in separate packages.
I don't know how Mint packages modules.  (I'm assuming I remember
correctly that you're using Mint.)  It might be possible your
kernel does not have that module compiled.  If the module isn't
compiled for your kernel, that's beyond my ability to instruct
for a distribution I have not used.

Second, the module needs to be loaded into the running kernel.
That is done by the modprobe command.

HTH

Robert