Re: USB Audio with multiple Devices

On Sat, 16 May 2015 13:25:24 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>Alsamixer says about the DDJ-WeGo2 "Chip: USB Mixer, This sound device
>does not have any controls".

Hi Marc,

does it have got any mixer controls? Scrolling through the manual
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/Manuals/DJ/DDJ-WEGO2_OperatingInstructions090413.pdf
I didn't see any mixer controls.

>Why does ALSA onle see a single audio device? I think it should see
>two or even three.

Are you confusing the devices with the ports available by the devices?

/proc/asound/card...

>Do I see correctly that output played via aplayer to hw3,0 should
>either show up on the RCA output or on the headphone?
>
>The system I am trying this on has pulseaudio installed, and I'd like
>to keep it for the other audio devices. Is there a chance that pulse
>is interfering here? Is there a way to tell pulse to keep its fingers
>off hw3?

You should use the jackd sound server to make your live easier.

Are you aware that if you want to use different sound devices parallel
for production, that you need to sync them?

Perhaps you should describe what you want to do at
http://www.music.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user/ .

Regards,
Ralf