Re: Configure Linux for 3d octophonic audio?

> 4 maj 2015 kl. 23:40 skrev Jacob Juul Klejs Kolding <dacobi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> That would be great to have.
>
> One thing I still can't figure out, can such a setup work when
> PulseAudio is active?
>
> /Jacob

>>> 4 maj 2015 kl. 21:58 skrev Jacob Juul Klejs Kolding <dacobi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> Any guides?

>>> --
>>> "Art is whatever makes you proud to be human."
>>> -- Amiri Baraka

>> As far as I understand, most of the configuration is done in alsoft.conf for OpenAL channel setup. However, if you need to do some calibration of the sound system connected to you sound card, that can to some extent be handled by adding stuff to your asoundrc file. You can e.g. reroute channels and set channel levels using the 'route' type pcm, or the 'plug' type pcm if you need resampling as well. Further manipulation can be achieved by also including the alsa LADSPA host pcm and including some LADSPA effects such as filters and delays, in order to account for a non symmetric loudspeaker setup.
>>
>> I might be able to dig up an old asoundrc file used in a very much less than ideal surround sound setup that we have used with OpenAL if you are interested.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Anders
>>

> --
> "Art is whatever makes you proud to be human."
> -- Amiri Baraka

If you include a 'dmix' pcm to your asoundrc several sources can use the setup at once, but I don't know if pulse audio is comfortable using the alsa software layers as output module. I know the jack audio connection kit complains a bit when trying to do so, but I don't use pulse so I couldn't say.

I don't have access to my main computer right now, but I'll email the file as soon as I do.

Regards,
Anders