Re: usb sound card - device order

Hello Clemens,

I understand, that 'pcm.!default()' overwrites default settings of default device, but why not? Or philosophy goes as: create new device and connect programs over their Alsa settings?
But than, a lot of programs don't even have Alsa settings. YOu cant change sound devices, or anything for that matter.

I'd accept this way if programs could be confugred with ALSA over environmental variable, but as you said yourself earlier, feature is pretty much undocumented.