Re: Proper syntax of "copy" plugin

Nikolay Dimitrov wrote:
> What is the proper way to use the "copy" plugin in the ALSA
> configuration file?

pcm.copy_to_hw0 {
    type copy
    slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

The device "copy_to_hw0" just copies everything to hw:0.

This is probably not what you want.

> What I'm trying to do is to copy a stream to 2 separate sound devices

First, create a multi plugin with four channels.  Then use a transfer
table to route the client's channels to all the desired channels:

pcm.Duplicate {
    type plug
    slave.pcm {
        type multi