Down-mix/ reroute audio

Dear Alsa user-list,

I'm not really sure if this can be done, but I hope so. Unfortunately, I
do not know where to start.

I have a 5.1 sound card. The speakers are connected to the front and the
rear output. But all four speakers are in front of me (they are build in
to the monitors), so I want to reroute the audio to stereo output.

"(Front) Left audio channel" to the "Front Left" and "Front Right output"
(yes, the same audio on both speakers)
and
"(Front) Right audio channel" to the "Rear Left" and "Rear Right output"

Is this possible in an .asoundrc file?

Thanks,

floris