8 XLR input mobile recording rig. Suggestions please!

Hello all! I am looking to set up a compact mobile recording rig, but I am having difficulty choosing the right items. I wish to use Ubuntu Studio, and I need at least 8 XLR inputs for simultaneous recording. I have heard good things about the Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL, but it is not listed in the database. I imagine the laptop will need at least 2GHz processor, and a 7200rpm hard drive, although if I am wrong I would love to know this, as I would have more options! Does anyone have any information/suggestions regarding these thoughts? Many thanks!

Donald.