Re: Direct memory write for more than 4 channels

On Tue, 2014-07-15 at 20:51 +1000, Bruce wrote:
> This later alsa may be a weirdo pulseaudio issue (I've tried disabling
> pulseaudio fully) but have yet to get to the bottom of it. Trying to get
> arch linux to boot, in order to avoid pulseaudio.

Assumed there should be hard dependencies to pulseaudio, you could
replace it with a dummy package and ...

pkgname=pulseaudio
pkgver=2014.07.16
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Dummy package"
arch=('any')
provides=('pulseaudio')

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD

... after that kill pulseaudio.

"PulseAudio can be stopped with:
$ pulseaudio --kill" - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio

So IMO no reboot should be needed to completely get rid of it, but
rebooting can't harm.