Re: ICE1712 - no sound after suspend

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 15:13 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 14:06 +0000, michael norman wrote:
> > Forgive me if I don't understand what you mean suspend/resume how ?
>
> Instead of a shut down or a restart you only switch to a sleep mode, or
> you really shut down, but after turning on the computer, it directly
> will restore the last session.

My apologize, the OP only is talking about suspend ;).

Suspend and Hibernate

"Suspend to RAM method cuts power to most parts of the machine aside
from the RAM, which is required to restore the machine's state. Because
of the large power savings, it is advisable for laptops to automatically
enter this mode when the computer is running on batteries and the lid is
closed (or the user is inactive for some time).

Suspend to disk method saves the machine's state into swap space and
completely powers off the machine. When the machine is powered on, the
state is restored. Until then, there is zero power consumption." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Suspend_and_Hibernate