Re: OSS emulation doesn't allow mixing.

Oss never allowed mixing. This is an emulation of oss. It does not allow
mixing. If you want mixing uses alsa with a frontend. Or get the newer oss
implimentations.

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, ChaosEsque Team wrote:

> Why doesn't OSS emulation allow mixing. I got old OSS aps still blocking /dev/dsp.
> Comon, please do the code to allow mixing like alsa apps.
> It's been years and years.

Alsa is now the standard Oss emulation is NOT a separate sound system, it is
an emulation of an old system under alsa. emulation, including all its
shortcomings.