Re: Teac DAC, I've read someone can make it work fine via USB 16/2/44100, but NOT ME...

Rutger,

I thank you, I now have hope that mine will work :) (yep, it's a Teac UD-H01).

I'm running Archlinux 64bit, with 3.10.27 LTS (I tested 3.10.20 too, maybe I should give 21 to 26 a try too, but dunno if it's kernel related...)
I do not have pulseaudio. I play directly from aplay or mpd.

I do not know if a .asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf config file is needed, I have tried many with no fix.

I'm using the latest version of alsa (1.27.2 iirc).

I play only 16bits files (all my music is lossless), 44.1KHz

If you have an alsa config file, could you paste it please ?

I've had a look at the thread you speak about, that's how I knew that the Teac can work at 16/44.1 but there are no explanations of the configuration to set in order to make it work... Hope you understand what I mean.

First of all, gonna install Fedora 18 with the same kernel as you and disable pulse, then use aplay, and I will know if it's ok.

Yours sincerely,

Eric