I would like to record multiple USB inputs, but it does not work. Please help.

I would like to record multiple USB inputs, but it does not work.
The psudo device does not show up in the audio inputs of audacity and others.

my config:

# create a virtual four-channel device with two sound devices:
# This is in fact two interleaved stereo streams in
# different memory locations, so JACK will complain that it
# cannot get mmap-based access. see below.

pcm.multi {
        type multi;
        slaves.a.pcm "hw:1,0";
        slaves.a.channels 2;
        slaves.b.pcm "hw:2,0";
        slaves.b.channels 2;
        bindings.0.slave a;
        bindings.0.channel 0;
        bindings.1.slave a;
        bindings.1.channel 1;
        bindings.2.slave b;
        bindings.2.channel 0;
        bindings.3.slave b;
        bindings.3.channel 1;
}

# JACK will be unhappy if there is no mixer to talk to, so we set
# this to card 0. This could be any device but 0 is easy.

ctl.multi {
        type hw;
        card 0;
}

# This creates a 4 channel interleaved pcm stream based on
# the multi device. JACK will work with this one.

pcm.ttable {
        type route;
        slave.pcm "multi";
        slave.channels 4;