Re: Microphone not functioning.

Dominique;

Trying to follow the web instructions to a 'T'.

1.  'modinfo soundcore' confirms that the module is correctly in place.
2.  For safety I used 'modprobe' to insert 'snd-hda-intel' etc looks OK
3.  All settings in alsamixer for HDA-Intel-PCH set to maximum
4.  Also settings for 'pulse' set to max in alsamixer
5.  AudioMixer confirms that all settings are at max value
6. Audacity shows signal in and out but ....  no sound

There is no etc/modules.conf OR conf.module .... anywhere on my system!
'modutils' is also not found on my system.

At this point I have become stuck.

A question: I am on Fedora-20+XFCE; is it possible that this
'lightweight' desktop is less capable/complete in my case than working
with either Gnome or KDE? If so I would make a switch in a heartbeat.

David