Re: Asus Xonar STX, optical out not working

Even though my hardware is completely different I will point out this thing anyway, maybe it helps.
USB Audio and Asus Xonar Essence One.
VLC player and 44Khz files (flac, mp3, wav).

The problem is that with VLC in play the Xonar does not turn on the LED which indicates the frequency, therefore does not hook the correct frequency, and do not hear anything

I did some little 'tests and I noticed this:
- The Xonar is correctly working
- No frequency info come out to the Xonar when it begins to play a file at 44Khz
- If I play a file with different frequency (96 or 192 Khz) the frequency change information comes to Xonar, is activated the LED of the correct frequency and start to play correctly
- If I back to play a 44Khz file the frequency change work correctly
- From this moment everything is working properly.

>From what I could understand VLC (but not only) does not send the first frequency information.
Until there is a change in frequency the player does not send the information of the frequency.
To track change, if the new file frequency is the same, the player still does not send the information of the frequency.
At the first frequency change everything aligns.

It seems that the ALSA driver (of the USB/Audio in my case) does not send the first frequency information, and the Xonar is still waiting it.

I found this in my configuration.
Can be helpful?

Il giorno dom, 01/09/2013 alle 09.09 +0200, Hendrik-Jan Heins ha scritto:
right,

I did that, but that did not turn on the light....
I'll try again.

regards,

Hendrik-Jan