Re: Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX- Still buggy after all these years

Mark DM wrote:
> "Master Playback Switch" is clearly missing from the mixer.

> amixer controls shows among other items numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Master Playback Switch'

These two statements are contradictory.

> when I use the remotes mute function (which is also configured to send
> a mute via XBMC), or the mute on Audigy unit itself, the "mute"
> indicator on Audigy lights up. Unit can only be unmuted with amixer

The remote's and device's mute buttons work automatically.  Unmuting
must be handled by some software that listens for these events.

Obviously, nothing is actually listening.  Why do you think that XMBC
is configured for this?

As far as I know, the only software that can handle the Audigy 2 NX's
remote events is LIRC: <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LIRC>.
(Use driver "alsa_usb" and remote "RM-1500".)

> Must always mute with: amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 0
> Then we can always unmute with: amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 1

Or just use "amixer -c1 cset numid=5 toggle".

Regards,
Clemens