Re: recording audio from speakers

Yes but pulse audio is not installed on my computer and each time I try to use it, it seems to be very complicated to use.
In fact, I must use an other mixer than alsamixer, and I must run an other daemon at startup... I don't like this solution.

I prefer your second solution using only ALSA and the ~/.asoundrc file.
I have written this:
pcm.mycopy
{
	type copy
	slave MySlave
	file MyFile
}

So, this special device called "mycopy" copies sound.
But I am not sure if it copies from virtual audio card to actual audio card and to file writer.
Can you help me to correct this ~/.asoundrc file ?

Also, I don't see this new device in my alsamixer.
How to see if my new special device is now available ?