Creative CA0132: Microphone not working

I've been trying in vain to get the microphone working in Linux (checked
3.9-3.11 rc2, no pulse installed) on my Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 (rev. 1.0)
(Intel Z87, Creative CA0132, latest bios F6h). Neither front nor back
jack work.

It's working properly on Windows 8 — but only if I hard boot into it. If
I reboot from Linux it will fail as well, often yielding a soft
pulsating sound. The only noise I get on Linux is a faint click on
disabling either "AMic1/DMic" or "AMic1/DMic Auto Detect".

Moreover, ALSA has a strange tendency to switch on "Analog-Mic2" or
"What U Hear", sometimes both, almost always automatically whenever the
sound card is selected (eg. in alsamixer). There appears no way to
prevent this. Maybe this causes an invalid configuration, as only one
jack may apparently be set at a time. Not sure if it's actually valid to
have both AMic1 options set simultaneously, either.

(The mic itself is fine, tested on other computers.)

Also, I need these short entries to /etc/asound.conf to fix the ordering:
defaults.pcm {
         card 1
         device 0
}
defaults.ctl {
         card 1
         device 0
}

Lastly, please fix your dead bugtracker at
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug, or at least remove the links
on the project homepage.