type ladspa -> Unknown PCM (on raspberry - but that shouldn't matter)

Hello all,

(first mail on this list, I'm new here!)

I'm trying to do some funky things with ALSA/PulseAudio/Bluetooth on a
raspberry PI, and I already have many things working. However, I would
really like to use some LADSPA plugins as pcm devices/plugs in alsa.

Following the many guides online my .asoundrc looks like this (using
the simpelest of plugins available):

pcm.Amp {
        type ladspa
        slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
        path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
        plugins [
                {
                        id 1049
                        label amp_stereo
                        input {
                                controls [ 6 ]
                        }
                }
        ]
}

However, no matter what I try (changing the slave, the config, ...), I
always seem to get:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ aplay -Dplug:Amp piano2.wav
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM Amp
aplay: main:682: audio open error: File exists

The plugin definitely exists:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ analyseplugin amp
<snip>
Plugin Name: "Stereo Amplifier"
Plugin Label: "amp_stereo"
Plugin Unique ID: 1049
Maker: "Richard Furse (LADSPA example plugins)"
<snip>

So that isn't the problem.

If anyone has any hint to tell me where to start looking that would be
superb. I find nothing in the logs, -vv doesn't help either, ... so I
don't really see what I'm doing wrong.

One thing that did work (using pulseaudio) was to load the plugin
directly as a PA module, but I want to be able to control the controls
of my plugin in realtime (something which doesn't seem possible until
a much later version of PA):

( pactl load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_amp
master=alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_AUD0.0.analog-stereo plugin=amp
label=amp_stereo control=6 )

kindest and any help much appreciated!

 - bram

--