How to fix Low Volume in Mageia Linux 3 on an Acer Aspire 5738DZG laptop

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 5738DZG laptop and in Mageia Linux 3 there the volume of
the speakers (without headphones) is kinda low (even when all settings are
maxed) while it is better and acceptable using the vendor's Windows 7 x86-64
OEM installation.

I saw this feature on a blog about how to fix it using a software pre-amp, but
it didn't work and I was told it should no longer work like that:

http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/adding-an-alsa-software-pre-amp-to-fix-low-sound-levels/

Here are my laptop's SPECs:

[Quote]
I also have an Acer Aspire 5738DZG laptop with the following specs:

    Intel Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz. (x86-64).
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4570 (r700)
    15.6" 3D HD LCD Screen.
    3 GB Memory