Re: install problem

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Bill Unruh <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 May 2013, Joe Armstrong wrote:
>
>> joe@nuc:~$ grep audio /etc/group
>> audio:x:29:pulse,joe
>> joe@nuc:~$ whoami
>> joe
>

> Good. So now it works?
>
> (Note that I removed the alsa users from this mail exchange)

(cc'd to the list - I actually sent this reply earlier to Clemens
Ladisch but forgot to cc to the list)

No - I hear no sounds.

Also the alsamixer has no volume controls

Another strange thing

> aplay -vv sound.wav

Behaves strangely - the song position indicator that indicates the
percentage of the file played hops around it just from 28% to 5% to 30%
etc. in a wild manner

/Joe