Re: USB MIDI problem with receiving large sysex files

jem_7@xxxxxx wrote:
> One thing I have seen while watching the data received by amidi with
> the -d option as well as with the other tools was, that the "data
> stream" sometimes seems to stop while the Axe-Fx II is still sending
> data. Sometimes the stream continues after or short break, sometimes
> it does not.

MIDI dumps works fine with every other device.

You could try another cable and/or another USB port.

> Don't know if this could be a timing issue?

USB MIDI uses bulk transfers, which is the same method that is used by
USB hard disks.  I guess your machine doesn't have problems with
reading from such devices at a speed of 1.5 KB/s or more?

Regards,
Clemens