Re: Using an existing driver for an unsupported usb audio device

Le Sat, 9 Feb 2013 18:00:23 +0000 (UTC),
SakisX <korakios667@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi,
>  I have a hardware sampler "Roland SP-606" which has an unsupported
> "Advanced Driver" mode.
>  I can't use it for both audio AND midi interface.
>  In windows 64 I used the "boss gs-10" driver successfully.
>  In alsa I found that the "boss gs-10" is now fully supported (24bit
> AND midi support)
> Is it possible to use the "boss gs-10" module for the "Roland SP-606"?
> If so how?Keep in mind that I am newbe!

You should try as root, something like:

    modprobe <your_module>

IF it doesn't load, modprobe will output some messages.

    modinfo <your_module>

will show you informations about the modules, inclusive its parameters,
You can add those parameters at the end of the modprobe command.

You must also be sure than no modules is already loaded for this card.
    lsmod | grep snd
will output the loaded sound modules. You can unload them with
    rmmod <your_module>

Dominique

"We have the heroes we deserve."