Fast Track Ultra full duplex issues using dmix/dsnoop

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to ALSA, but I've done a fair bit of research into it. I've got a USB2 sound card which should be capable of full duplex in the configuration I've been using. I've put together an .asoundrc file to split up my inputs and outputs into separate pcm's for easy plugging into a gstreamer pipeline. To do this I've used dmix and dsnoop plugins (see attached asoundrc file). The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to use the inputs and outputs at the same time.

I did some digging, and it seems to be related to hw parameters being set when the pcm's are opened. I get a kernel message: "Unable to change format on ep #81: already in use" whenever I try to open capture and playback pcm's at the same time. I've tried locking the dmix and dsnoop plugins to the same format/rate etc., but I still get the kernel message. This happens even though I'm accessing the pcm's through plug pcm's layered on top. It also happens if I remove my .asoundrc file, and try it with aplay/arecord using set hw params or plughw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Please ignore the "VOIP" section at the bottom. It's something I'm trying to get working to allow plugging Skype straight into my gstreamer pipeline, but it's of secondary importance to getting the main inputs/outputs working.