Re: Fwd: Re: USB-MIDI, self-compiled alsa-driver

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Fabio R� wrote:

Hey Clemens

Thank you very much for your reply!

On 30.11.2012 17:09, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
Fabio R� wrote:
modprobe: FATAL: Module snd-seq-midi not found.

Then it wasn't compiled.
It appears alsa-driver does not get the module configuration correct.

Try making the change in the kernel source.

It may sound very noobish, but what do you mean exactly?

find /lib/modules -name snd-seq-midi\*
That will show you whether or not that module exists and under which kernel
versions. He is saying that it does not exist in you  kernel version.

You thus have to enable it in kernel compilation, or compile the alsa modules
as modules. Look on the web for proceedures for compiling modules.

I have to admit that i'm not very experienced when it comes to
kernel-modules and stuff.

Please could you give me some more detailed instructions or point me to
a tutorial?

Thanks in advance

Fabio

PS: Sorry Clemens for receiving this mail twice. I forgot to send it to
the list too.