Access dummy mixer control through filesystem

Hello all,

For a little project I would like to access mixer controls through the filesystem. Some mixer controls I can access at "/proc/asound/cardx/codecxxx/xxxx+regs". However, I have defined a dummy mixer control as shown below (with great help of this mailinglist). Apparently this type of mixers are recorded elsewhere. Does anyone know if I can access these dummy mixer controls through the filesystem?

kind regards, Maarten

ps. I've defined the dummy mixer control in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
as shown below:

state.DAC	{
	control.12345 {
                iface MIXER