Re: best usb2 soundcard for Linux?

On 10/1/2012 2:23 AM, eloi wrote:

Hello everybody

i'm new in mailing list! Sorry for my bad english but i try my best to make effort to be understood by all.

I want to know what is the  best usb2 soundcard for Linux?

It's for use to make PureData paths and play with the futur "bitwig" DAW ! ( and try ardour & more )

Actually, i work in dualboot : 7+ableton+m4l for make music and linuxmint for others stuff.
i have a dell laptop without firewire and a motu ultralite USB/FW.

The Motu soundcard don't work with alsa ( http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Mark_Of_The_Unicorn )

So, i am going to sell it and i buy a new!

I want a low latency for use VST and i want record my guitarbass,  my voice or sampling a Vinyl with a highest possible qualitiy but  not simularious ( just 2/2 in and out it's ok)

Thank you very much for help me

best regard

ELOI

I didn't read the line about the laptop.  The card I recommended is for a desktop.  Sorry.  --doug