Re: Ticks when playing to USB DAC at high sample rates

(adding back the mailing list - please don't drop it in replies)

On 28.09.2012 02:43, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> On Fri 28 September 2012 02:02:05 you wrote:
>> On 28.09.2012 01:56, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
>>> I am using a USB DAC (HRT Music Streamer II) which operates in
>>> asynchronous mode.  It works perfectly at sample rates up to 48 kHz.
>>>
>>>  When I go to 88.2 or 96, it works perfectly sometimes.  Most of the
>>>
>>> time I get ticks.  When it starts playing without ticks, it will
>>> continue to play without ticks to the end of the track.  A different USB
>>> DAC that operates in isochronous mode is able to play at the high sample
>>> rates without problem.
>>
>> Which kernel are you on? And please post the output of 'lsusb -v'.
>
> I am on the latest kernel, 3.2.0-31-generic

That is not the latest kernel - we're currently close to the final
version of 3.6, and the snd-usb driver has seen major overhaul in the
last versions.

So it would be interesting to know whether you see these effects when
running a kernel built from this git:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

Daniel