Re: Problem: invalid UAC_FEATURE_UNIT descriptor / fireface UCX

Florian Hanisch wrote:
> I have been trying to connect a friend's soundcard (RME fireface UCX)
> to my linux computer. [...] RME claims that the device has a class
> compliance mode (which is working with a mac computer) so that
> it should be able to communicate with a linux system just using the
> USB-audio-2.0 standard.  Pluging the device, I get the following
> messages from dmesg:
>
> [  864.162776] usbaudio: unit 2: invalid UAC_FEATURE_UNIT descriptor

So much for class compliance.  This is likely to be a bug in the
device's descriptors.  Please show the output of "lsusb -v" for
this device.

In any case, the driver should not abort in this case; it should
work fine without the mixer controls that this descriptor failed
to describe.

Regards,
Clemens