How to make snd-dummy as default

Hi There,

We have imx283 processor based system with Linux-2.6.35.3 ported. And  have an requirement to play media file in the 4.3 inch lcd panel connected to the system.

The system has two sound cards; card 0 – snd-dummy and card 1 – USB audio(default).When a media file is played, card 0(snd-dummy) is used for playing audio. But the requirement is to use card0 (snd-dummy) for playing  audio only if USB speaker is NOT plugged in. so as to achieve that we tried to make snd-dummy as default by changing  /root/.asoundrc  file. Still we couldn’t make snd-dummy (card 0) as default. System used snd-dummy for playing the audio(no audio at speaker).

Please share us some suggestion to make snd-dummy as default.

root@freescale /root$ cat /root/.asoundrc

pcm.default {
          type hw
          card 0
       }

ctl.default {
          type hw
          card 0
       }

root@freescale /root$ aplay -l
card 0: Dummy [Dummy], device 0: Dummy PCM [Dummy PCM]
  Subdevices: 7/8
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 1: default [USB AUDIO ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0