File plugin: Virtual Microphone causes no audio output

Hello

I need to create a "virtual microphone" for some tests of systems using
alsa. The application that is tested is only able to use "default" devices.
I created this .asoundrc file

pcm.audinp {

         type file

         slave.pcm "hw:0,0"

         file /dev/null

         infile /home/user/virtualmic.pipe

         format "raw"

}

pcm.!default {

         type plug

         slave.pcm "audinp"

}

virtualmic.pipe is a named pipe.
I can cat a raw sound file to this named pipe. It seems to work.
However, using this .asoundrc file, I do not have any audio output
anymore. This is normal because of the line file /dev/null
But I need to have the default audio output working.

What I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

- Yves