Re: What is the use of snd_output_stdio_attach()?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Clemens Ladisch
<cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Prasant J wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Clemens Ladisch
>> <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> The snd_output thingy must write its output somewhere.
>>> If you want to write the output to stdout, you cannot use
>>> snd_output_stdio_open() because stdout is already open.
>>
>> So, I can use this function to record audio data into a file... right??
>
> No, snd_output_t is used only for textual debug information.

Thanks a lot Clemens for that information.

While recording to a file (may be raw, wav, etc) the audio data is
transferred from kernel space to user space and then back to kernel
space (file system). Do you know if theres any way to speed up this?
May be within kernel to kernel (I know this means breaking a lot of
conventions in the kernel, but want to know, if anyone has found a
workaround for this, for better performance sake).

Prasant