Re: HDMI audio on NVIDIA trims the first second off the stream

Hi,

> Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>> The problem is that when the audio stream starts, the first one or
>> two seconds are not audible, it's trimmed from the stream.
>>
>> I don't think it's TV-dependent as this problem can be reproduced
>> on two or three different TV models.
> Have you checked with any other HDMI-capable PC?
>
> It is normal for TVs to require a long time to synchronize to
> an incoming audio stream.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

it seems you are right.

I upgraded to NVIDIA 295.49 and I tried playing the same audio files again.
No change. This and the previous NVIDIA 260.19.21 version was tested
with a Thomson LCD TV.

I was able to test this setup with another TV (made by Samsung) that
interestingly plays all files nicely. The short files are audible and the
long file doesn't miss the first second.

So, this phenomenon *is* TV-dependent.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--