Re: Usb sound card - can't hear audio line in while recording

On 2 April 2012 16:39, Sebastian Gil <sebastianhgil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i, I have a usb audio card which only label says "USB GUITAR LINK". I'm
> using it to record a guitar using ardour / jack, everything works ok except
> that I can't hear the guitar while recording, but I hear it when a play the
> track. The only option I can control with alsamixer is PCM volume and
> nothing else. How can I do to enable the other alsamixer options?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sebastian
>
> sudo aplay -l > aplay

> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: default [USB Audio CODEC ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
>   Subdevices: 0/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Hi,

Are you trying to monitor it over the output on the USB device (it
looks like there might be one) or your onboard sound?

It's possible there are no other hardware mixer controls, or that
they're not implemented in ALSA (though the USB audio support is
generally very good). If you're using Jack can you connect the input
and output devices? That should allow monitoring in realtime.

--
imalone