Re: Not getting microphone to work

openSUSE-11.4 is nominally tested with pulse audio enabled, and if I read that script output correctly you have disabled pulse audio and hence you are using openSUSE in a configuration where the testing is less.

I note you have alsa configured to use the rear mic. and not the front mic.  Am I correct that you are aware of that?

I also recommend you update your kernel to the most recent one nominally packaged by SuSE-GmBH for openSUSE-11.4 as it may have a fix for the mic for the hardware audio codec that is on your PC < not sure > .

Lee

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad