RME HDSPM ioctl on 64bit system

Hello list,

I have a 32bit program running in a 64bit environment (CentOS 6, Kernel
2.6.23, ALSA 1.0.24) that reads the peak and RMS levelmeter values from
a HDSPM card via snd_hwdep_ioctl(), just in the same way as the
hdspmixer does.
But the snd_hwdep_ioctl() everytime returns the invalid argument error code.
When I build my program as 64bit version, the call works as exspected.
Unfortunately, I need a 32bit version due to 3rd party dependencies.

I also built the hdspmixer from alsatools-1.0.24 as 32 and 64 bit
version (using the -m32 compiler and linker flags). The result is the
same as for my program: 32bit version does not work.
So I assume that there is a problem with 32bit applications doing
snd_hwdep_ioctl() calls to 64 bit ALSA kernel modules.

Any ideas or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Andreas Graefe

--