Re: midi-player

Dear Casi,
thanks for Your proposals!
It works fine now, I can hear sound.

2012/1/23 Casi Javi <casi_javi@xxxxxxxx>
Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear Casi,
I tried seq24 and it seems to be the right thing for me but:
I can't get sound out of it.
When I open a midi file and play it, I hear nothing.
When I type aconnect -o I don't find something like seq24.

Sorry, I don't use seq24 I'm using ardour 3 beta 2 :x

When I read your question I only wrote in a terminal:
$ apt-cache search simple sequencer
drumstick-tools - Qt4/C++ wrapper for ALSA Sequencer - utilities
hydrogen - advanced drum machine/step sequencer
qmidiarp - MIDI arpeggiator for ALSA
seq24 - Real time MIDI sequencer

then I asked you:
seq24 ?

In any case, try first delete any previous config file:
$ rm .seq24rc

then run seq24 with -m option:
$ seq24 -m midi_file.mid

Can you see now 16 midi seq24 output ports and 1 midi seq24 input port with aconnect -iol?

Have luck!

How can I connect seq24 to the timidity server?