Re: problems with ported alsa driver cs5530

Rene Munsch wrote:
> I found the Chip LM4548VH and googled its datasheet. It should be a a
> AC97 chip. So i wonder.

The CS5530 is an AC'97 controller, but the interface between the driver
and the controller is the SoundBlaster emulation.  (It might be possible
for some other interface to exist, but there is no documentation AFAIK.)

> # modprobe -v snd_cs5530
> # cat /proc/asound/cards
> --- no soundcards ---

> # modprobe -v snd_ac97_codec
> but there is still no card in /proc/asound/cards.

This is a helper module for AC'97 controller drivers.

> what could i try next?

snd-sb with the parameters set in the BIOS

Regards,
Clemens