Re: Configure ALSA to handle a USB sound card

Casi wrote:
> El 21/12/11 23:06, Casi wrote:
> :) Fortunately, I was wrong !!
>
> Midi playback works! The MOX wasn't configured in the right midi channel.
> [...]
>
> Midi recording works!
> [...]
>
> Audio playback works! I didn't choose the right device.
> [...]
>
> Audio recording doesn't work at the moment.
> $ arecord -l
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC272X Analog [ALC272X Analog]
>     Subdevices: 1/1
>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: MOX6MOX8 [Yamaha MOX6/MOX8], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
>     Subdevices: 1/1
>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> $ arecord -vv -D plughw:MOX6MOX8 mox_recording.wav
> [...]
>
> I'm reading about this type of error messages but I'm not sure:
>
> 1) Do I own a buggy USB controller?
> [...]

Yesss! I've checked the patch on another computer and it works fine.  So
I think there's a problem in the first computer that I used and I still
don't know if there's a workaround for that buggy behaviour.

In the second computer I can record without problems and errors:

$ arecord -vv -D plughw:MOX6MOX8 -f S24_3LE -r 44100 -c 4 mox_recording.wav
Recording WAVE 'mox_recording.wav' : Signed 24 bit Little Endian in
3bytes, Rate 44100 Hz, Channels 4
Plug PCM: Hardware PCM card 1 'Yamaha MOX6/MOX8' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
   stream       : CAPTURE
   access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
   format       : S24_3LE
   subformat    : STD
   channels     : 4
   rate         : 44100
   exact rate   : 44100 (44100/1)
   msbits       : 24
   buffer_size  : 22050
   period_size  : 5513
   period_time  : 125011
   tstamp_mode  : NONE
   period_step  : 1
   avail_min    : 5513
   period_event : 0
   start_threshold  : 1
   stop_threshold   : 22050
   silence_threshold: 0
   silence_size : 0
   boundary     : 1445068800
   appl_ptr     : 0
   hw_ptr       : 0
#+                                                 | 00%^C
Aborted by signal Interrupt...

and now audio/midi playback/recording, jack, etc are working fine too at
the moment :)

User to-do:
* Check the midi ports 2-5. They are used for privative software (except
port 3):
Port 2. This port is used to control the DAW software on the computer
from the MOX6/MOX8 by using the Remote Control feature.
Port 3. This port is used as the MIDI Thru Port.
Port 4. This port is used only for data communication of the MOX6/MOX8
Editor.
Port 5. This port is used only for data communication of the MOX6/MOX8
Remote Editor.
* Check what about usbhid and hid modules loaded. Are they related to
the DAW remote function?

Finally, would be nice to see the patch included in the future :)

Thanks a lot!