Fwd: Fujitsu LifeBook - speaker or Mic but not both?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michal Kolodziejczyk <michko@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2011/12/9
Subject: Fujitsu LifeBook - speaker or Mic but not both?
To: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
I am trying to get sound recording with built-in mic and sound playing
with built-in speakers on Fujitsu Siemenst LifeBook P7230 with Ubuntu 11.10.
(This is how it looks like:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/Fujitsu-Siemens-Lifebook-P7230_Laptop_review).

However, I can not find any settings which would help. I tried different
options for model= parameter of snd-hda-intel, and the results are:
- for model=fujitsu, model=auto, model=dell-5stack speakers works, mic
does not.
- for model=dell-3stack speakers do not work, bur mic does work
- for other values I tried speakers nor mic do not work

So I know that both speakers and mic work, but not at the same time.
Could you give me any pointers what to check/change? Any tools which
would help me diagnose the problem? Or do you know working setup for
this model of laptop?

Regards,
   miko

miko
Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011