Re: Alesis io|2 usb soundcard kernel warnings sample rate

Brent Hostetler wrote:
> [93212.749706] 2:1:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x1
>
> I would guess that this is related to probes for supported sample rates?

No, it's related to querying the current sample rate.

> As a test I tried something like this my .asoundrc

This is a problem with the interface between the device and the kernel
driver; changing the userspace configuration won't affect it.

The firmware explicitly claims that querying the sample rate is
supported, but then does not actually support it.  However, as long
as there is only one sample rate, this should be harmless.

Regards,
Clemens

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011