snd-hda-audio: cannot obtain a PCM mixer control in Debian, no problems with Ubuntu

Dear all,

I have an Asus EEE PC 1215b with the following sound hardware

ATI Technologies Inc Wrestler HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6250/6310]
0403: 1002:1314	Subsystem: 1043:84a5

ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
0403: 1002:4383 (rev 40) Subsystem: 1043:841c

With this hardware I have two different results depending on the
distro that I run:

*  On ubuntu oneiric (11.10) live pendrive, the sound works out of the
   box and a PCM control exists in the mixer options.

*  On Debian Squeeze there is no PCM control and no sound comes out
   of the loudspeakers or headphone jack. Increasing the volume in
   "master" or "headphone" control does not have any effect.

Since I want to use Debian over Ubuntu, I have tried to replicate the
same version of programs of Ubuntu 11.10 in my Debian system.  I have
gone through the following steps:

-  Installing the same ubuntu kernel package that runs in the live-cd
   distribution. (3.0.0-12)

-  Backporting libasound2, alsa-base, alsa-utils and alsa-oss from the
   Ubuntu Oneiric source packages. (version 1.0.24)

-  Ensuring that no /etc/asound.conf or ~/.asoundrc files are present
  in the Debian system (as they are not present in the ubuntu live
  system).

Having the same kernel (and therefore the same snd-* modules) and the
same packages for alsa in userspace, I still don't understand why I
don't get the PCM control out in my Debian system.

I attach the alsa-info.sh results for both scenearios.

Ubuntu (it works):  http://pastebin.com/CXwVS2Dk
Debian (it does not work): http://pastebin.com/NzXGH4D8

Note that the kernel modules are loaded with the same options, the
differences are the following:

*  In Ubuntu there are pulseaudio and esd as sound servers (while there
   are none in Debian)

*  Ubuntu shows more accurate hardware info detection.  It recognizes
   the PCI-ID of the sound card (probably the pci-id database is more
   up to date).

*  In the codec info parameters Ubuntu has a converter stream driver
   greater than 0:

  Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x1d: Stereo Amp-Out
    Control: name="Speaker Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
      ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
      Device: name="ALC269VB Analog", type="Audio", device=0
      Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0
      Amp-Out vals:  [0x3d 0x3d]
      Converter: stream=5, channel=0
                        ^

-------------------------

*  A control PCM shows up in Ubuntu and not in Debian.

	control.12 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'PCM Playback Volume'
		value.0 255
		value.1 255
		comment {
			access 'read write user'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 255'
			tlv '0000000100000008ffffec1400000014'
			dbmin -5100
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}

Any help or suggestion will be kindly appreciated.

Regards,

	Miguel Telleria